As specified in our email last week, the period to allow a second to the motion to
rescind the most recent vote closed yesterday, June 5th, 2013 at 11:59 PM EDT.
We did not receive any second to the motion to rescind, either publicly or privately.
As of today, June 6th 2013, Option B has been selected as the new ID Syntax for CVE
beginning 1 January 2014.
To reprise, Option B specifies the following:
- Variable length
- 4-digit Year + four fixed digits for IDs up to 9999
- IDs 0001 through 0999 padded with leading zeros
- IDs over 9999 will expand as needed, no leading zeros
- Four digit IDS (through 9999)
- CVE-2014-0001, CVE-2014-0999
- CVE-2014-1234, CVE-2014-9999
- Five digit IDS (> 9999)
- CVE-2014-10000, CVE-2014-54321, CVE-2014-99999
- Six digit IDS (> 99999)
- CVE-2014-100000, CVE-2014-123456, CVE-2014-999999
- Etc., as needed
We again want to express our sincere thanks and gratitude to the Board for all of
the discussion and engagement as we went through this process. Your combined
attention and efforts have once again moved CVE forward, to the benefit of the
community as a whole.
The MITRE CVE Team